It's been awhile. I've just been fucking tired. I know, I complain about my job a lot, and you guys (and by "guys" I mean like 3 people) who actually take the time to read my stuff probably don't want to hear it. So I won't put you through that.
I finally got a doctor's appointment. I know that means nothing to you folks, but it's been at least a decade for me, and thanks to Covered California I qualified for Medi-Cal and I'll be going to the clinic on Thursday for a checkup. BUT before that I plan on going to Guitar Center for an "open interview". I might have mentioned this in my last post, but I forget, it's been so long.
My uncle tried to hook me up with a job at one of the local major hospitals, basically counting specimen cups, but it's hit a snag, and to be honest I kind of hope I don't get it. Yeah, it pays well, benefits, yada yada yada, but I'm done just trying to survive. It's time to follow my dreams.
I did one of those career guide test deals, and I'm definitely all about the art. Basically my dream job is something that is art-based and allows people to be creative while also being very social. I definitely don't want to work in a lab or an office all day, unless it's like an outdoor office with a bar.
In Stephen Pressfield's "The War of Art" he writes about a woman who was diagnosed with a terminal illness quit her job and pursued her love of music. Even when the cancer went into submission, she was still following her dream.
I wish my family was more supportive of my passions, but it's all on me now.
I've quoted "Dreams" by Langston Hughes, but I'll put it up again:
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly
Hold fast to dream, for when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow
No comments:
Post a Comment