"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give return to me"
- Wheel, Heavier Things
Another guy who had a way with words, Alfred Lord Tennyson, wrote,"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Losing love doesn't mean death. It could mean a breakup, or just two people drifting apart because they're going in different life directions.
I've lost a lot of love in that sense. I don't think it's anyone's fault, really. It's just a matter of me being more focused on my music, going in a different spiritual/religious direction, and just growing up. It's pretty sad how there's people who are still clinging to the same relationships they had in high school out of nostalgia. If there's legit love and a bond there, that's great, but I feel like people are afraid to let go of their past and therefore try and hang on to these friends who may really not be good for them.
Like I mentioned in another post, maybe I do come on a bit strong. Some of it could be insecurity, like I'm trying too hard to grab ahold of a person emotionally because I'm afraid to lose them. But it could also be my fearlessness.
I don't give my trust easily, at least not in recent years. It's something people have to earn. But once they earn it, I'm all in. My heart's is in their hands.
I'm too freaking old to worry about getting my feelings hurt or hurting someone else's feelings. That doesn't mean I'm going to be inconsiderate, but I don't want someone who's going to get butt-hurt when I get silly. I don't want to have to walk on eggshells. I've done that enough in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment