Thursday, January 1, 2015

"You know my paper heart, the one I filled with pencil marks. I think I might have gone and inked you in. 

Little by little, inch by inch, we built a yard with a garden in the middle of it. It ain't much, but it's a start. You got me swaying right along to the song in your heart. 

And a face to call home, a face to call home. You got a face to call home."

- A Face To Call Home, Born & Raised

John Mayer's dating history kind of reminds me of Vince Vaughn's before Vaughn settled down with a realtor. A beautiful woman, but prior to her Vaughn had dated actresses like Joey Lauren Adams and Jennifer Aniston (Mayer's ex).

I think John needs that kind of woman, someone beautiful, can be a little fun and crazy, but definitely stable, not some needy drama queen. 

I think that's the kind of girl I and pretty much any other guy would want. But I think a lot of times loneliness coerces us to make unwise decisions when it comes to love. I've considered asking girls out that I know in my heart are wrong for me, but because I want a warm body next to me a lot of nights I'm tempted to go for it anyway.

People say I'm picky because I've never been in any kind of romantic relationship. But I figure if I'm going to spend a long time with this girl, if not the rest of my life, shouldn't I be picky? I know so many people who are in crappy relationships because out of loneliness or whatever reason they decided to hook up with this person and now they're stuck. 

I'm always expecting someone around the corner. Not that I'm "on the hunt" or whatever, but I'm open to the idea that any day could be the day I meet a great girl that I could be with for a while. Heck, I met this girl at a school I've been long-term subbing at who works in the classroom next door. Not only is she gorgeous but she seems really cool. I'll be at this school for at least another week, so hopefully we can get together for at least coffee. Although I did see a ring on her finger, so I gotta make sure it's not an engagement/wedding ring before I make my move. =)

But I get the "face to call home" idea. Someone who you gaze into their eyes and you know you're in a safe place, where you can relax, ease your mind and just be yourself. Reminds me of another song, "Not Myself". Maybe I'll post on that tomorrow.

Happy New Year, everybody! May this be the year you find love, if you haven't already.

(Everytime I listen to "A Face To Call Home", I imagine a house like this)

No comments:

Post a Comment