Monday, December 29, 2014

Just some quick updates:

So while I'll still trade in my Zoom G5, I might either just save the cash or use some of it on a Boss RC-1 Looper Pedal. It's a bit more pricey than either the Digitech JamMan Express XT or the TC Electronic Ditto (both are about $100; the Boss is about $130), but it's more durable than the Digitech and has the LED light that indicates what recording function I'm in, which someone as scatterbrained as I am needs. I plan on just using it for practice for now, but I might use it on live shows for some cool looping functions. Maybe I can like lay down a piano track then do some licks and solos over it, or something like that.

I'll still have my Vox AC1RhythmVox and I'll have to dust off my trusty Line 6 Pocket Pod Express as my "effects unit". (sigh) It's tough being a musician on a substitute educator's budget, but that's the reality of it. Hopefully if I work my ass off I can actually make money with this music thing. That's the dream.

I just had a brainstorm, especially for all the John Mayer fans out there: Back when I used to go to church, we had these things called daily devotionals, which was basically a Bible verse with the author's insights underneath. Maybe I'll do a similar thing, except instead of Bible verses it'll be John Mayer song lyrics. How does that sound?


No comments:

Post a Comment