December 30, 2014
"Don't say a word, just come over and lie here with me. 'Cause I'm just about to set fire to everything I see. I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe . . ."
- Edge of Desire, Battle Studies
Love surpasses religion. It surpasses beliefs. I met this amazing girl when we were both religious, and even though I'm not so much anymore and she still is very much so, I still love her.
It sucks how things like religion can cause so much hate and division in the world. Two people who want to be together can't because, for example, if the girl denounces her faith for the guy (or another girl), she'll be executed or at best ostracized by her community.
Why is it so damn hard to love? People wonder why I've never had a relationship. It's because the girls I loved wouldn't let me love them. Maybe I tend to come on a bit strong, I'll admit. But when I know I want something, I don't half-ass it. I'm all in. My question to the single ladies out there is: Can you handle my love?
That doesn't mean I'll be sprinkling rose petals on the floor, writing them songs every day or getting them expensive dinners all the time. Or even saying "I love you" every five minutes, or having sex every hour. But it might mean me gazing at my girl in awe every so often, so glad to have her in my life, knowing that I'll always be there for her.
And love is something that for the most part is unspoken. Where two people just look into each other's eyes and they know.
People make love so complicated, but it's not. Like the Barney ending song: I love you, you love me. Simple as that.

No comments:
Post a Comment